2.24.2010

Bunny

We bought a bunny. I know it was spontaneous and the kids are probably still too young, but I have been wanting a pet for years. She is so cute. We are having trouble picking a name. We have thought of: Aiko, Jamima, Savannah, Luna, Orya... that's it for now. The favorite for everyone is, Aiko, but I don't think she looks like an Aiko (but I do like the name). Anyhow, she is a brown bunny with lots of white and black streaks in her fur. She is just small, but she will be a big, fat rabbit eventually.
I am worried about Emma's asthma, the bunny is okay, but she eats hay :( We will see what happens, if it is a problem-I will probably put the bunny outside.
Rabbits are useful, too, I can use her droppings for fertilizer, and if there was a long term emergency I guess we could breed rabbits to eat (Doesn't sound very good tho)
She can litter train, so I have been doing a lot of work trying to get her to go in a litter box. She does, but she is still a baby. When rabbits are full grown and fixed they litter train very quickly.

No comments: