2.09.2010

Spices on the Loose



Today, I decided to tackle the giant paper pile. It is the biggest paper mess I've ever, ever had. I don't think I've gone through all my papers (and the junk that got mixed in) for at least a year! Isn't that awful. Well, moving in with my parents didn't help. Anyhow... so I'm going through papers and the kids are very quiet--Hmmm... what are they up to? I walk out to see and ... oh, wow, Emma had climbed onto the counter and was pouring all the spices all over the floor, counters, and in a monkey cookie jar! Wow, it smelled like pizza and mustard. Worse yet, they used a potty training potty as a stool and it was covered with spices. I picked it up to pour the spices that were on top into the sink, alas, the potty had been used recently :( and out came the pee with the spices. I was in shock. I cleaned up the whole mess. But now my spices are bit messed up, and some are completely gone. I will admit it was funny. And I got to test my spice skills playing what lid (which had the name on it) goes with which jar? Smell it, taste it, look at it. The only two I was really unsure of were Savory and Oregano... I hardly use those ones, so I guess we will be alright it they are switched :) I also didn't realize that parsley smells really awful, like rabbit food or cage lining! So that was my adventure for the day :)

No comments: